Upcoming events open/close
Badger Beer Hampers
If you're at a loss which gift to buy the Real Ale Lover in your life... If you've got a birthday or event to buy a gift for and you've no idea where to start, why not grab one of our 'Badger Beer Hamper' boxes which contains a selection of 12 bottles of fantastic Badger Ales?
Just £37. Pop in or call for more information.
The Crown Hotel, Services
The Crown Hotel is situated in the Georgian town of Blandford Forum, with the beautiful Dorset country side on the door step, ready for you to explore. This beautiful country town house was built in the Georgian period along with the town and still has traditional features, such as its beautiful paneled walls, oak floors and ornate banisters.
The Crown has 32 well-appointed en-suite rooms, which are made up of singles, twins, doubles and family rooms, all featuring charming wrought iron bedsteads. If you are looking for an even more luxurious stay, or would like to treat your partner, then our Executive Room is perfect for you.
All of our rooms come with tea and coffee facilities and free Wifi, as well as a flat screen TV with DVD player for your entertainment. Room service is available.
We have a unique policy where by all pets are welcome at a supplement, whether this be man’s best friend or your child’s hamster. We have special rooms allocated to these needs.
All rooms included a full English breakfast in the morning, which is freshly cooked to order. Breakfast is served from 7.00 till 9.30am Mon-Fri and 8.00 till 10am weekends and bank holidays, so that you can have that well deserved lie in.
Check in on arrival day is from 2pm, while checkout is 11am giving you time to enjoy breakfast and prepare for the day ahead.
WELCOME TO THE CROWN HOTEL...
Your unique journey starts when you first step into the Crown Hotel, where a warm welcome awaits you.
The Crown Hotel is situated in the market town of Blandford Forum - easily accessible from Bournemouth, Poole, Shaftesbury and the West Country. For centuries the Crown Hotel has provided a haven for brides and grooms wishing to celebrate the most important day of their lives with family and friends.
This 3 star Georgian hotel oozes charm and character. All of our 32 bedrooms are en-suite and very well appointed - making the Crown Hotel a perfect choice for a memorable day!
Facilities: We can accommodate up to 150 guests for both ceremony (we hold a full civil wedding license) and wedding breakfast, and have ample parking.
You can find a copy of our current wedding brochure below to download. If there is anything we can help you with please do not hesitate to call Katherine our events co-ordinator who will be happy to advise you.
For more information on wedding suppliers and reviews visit Hitched.
T: 01258 456626
Hall & Woodhouse Charity of the Year
Hall & Woodhouse Charity of the Year
Every two years Hall & Woodhouse nominates a charity to support for two years; between 2011 & 2013 the company supported Naomi House, a children’s hospice based just outside Winchester, raising over £225,000. Since 2013 Hall & Woodhouse has been raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support totalling over £240,000.
Team Members from the brewery and public houses have held events and completed challenges big and small to raise as much money as possible for these worthwhile causes. Some of the highlights of the last two years include:
• Blandford Beer Festival
• Abseil down the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth
• South West Coast Path Walk
• Running Great South Run
• Running London Marathon
• Portishead £10k in a day
• Raffles, quizzes and summer garden parties
• Charity Football Tournament
• Macmillan’s ‘World’s biggest coffee morning’
Chrissie Wathen-Neal, Fundraising Manager for Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “We are thrilled to receive this magnificent sum which will make such a difference to so many people who are living with cancer. It has been exciting working in partnership with Hall & Woodhouse and I would like to say a massive thank-you to every single one of their houses that contributed to this total, and to all their directors, staff and customers”.
Lucinda Gray, Hall & Woodhouse Charity Champion comments “To have raised so much money for two very worthwhile charities over the last four years is amazing. I’d like to thank everyone for all their hard work and dedication and we’re all looking forward to the selection of our charity for the next two years”.
Hall & Woodhouse is now in search of the next charity to support for the next two years, so if you know of a worthwhile local charity let them know, the criteria Hall & Woodhouse is looking for in its next company charity are:
• Charity must be able to demonstrate reasonable representation or operation across our trading area (Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent and London).
• If charities only operate in one or two of these counties, applicants can team up with other similar charitable organisations operating over different counties (up to a maximum of 4 organisations) in order to demonstrate reasonable representation or operation across our trading area.
• The closing date for applications is the 30th September 2015
Anthony Woodhouse, Hall & Woodhouse Managing Director, comments “We are really proud to have raised so much for such fantastic charities over the last four years. Hopefully by supporting these causes, we can in some small way improve the lives of people in the communities in which we operate. We are now looking for the next charity(s) to support. If you would like to be considered, I would be delighted to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org”.
To make a booking, please follow these easy steps:
• Have a chat with our ‘Christmas Elf’ about your requirements.
• To confirm booking, we need a non-refundable (sorry!) deposit per person of £5 for a Christmas Celebration and £15 for a Christmas and Boxing
Day Celebration. All children’s deposits are £5.
• Where possible, please pop by to pay your deposit in person as our elf may be busy when you call.
• Payment in full is required by 2nd December for all Christmas Day and Boxing Day bookings.
• Where we have an early evening booking, we may book out the table for another party later in the evening.
• To deliver the best service to all our guests, we regret that we are unable to split party bills into individual bills.
• Promotional offers are not valid when dining from this menu.
• An optional service charge of 10% will be added to parties of 6 or more, which goes directly to the team who serve you.
Our Early Bird Christmas Discounts
• 10% discount available for parties of 4 or more when you book a table for the three course Christmas Celebration Menu before the 30th September and dine by the 11th December.
• We know how hard it is to organise a Christmas Party (herding cats comes to mind!) so, by way of a thank you to the party organiser, for parties of 8 or more we’re giving £20 of H&W vouchers for you to use after January 1st 2016.
The Crown Hotel, Menu
Dining Menu | Fixed Price Menu | Children's Menu | Drinks Menu | Pudding Menu | Breakfast Menu | On Bread Lunch Menu | Sunday Roast Menu | Christmas Booking Form | Christmas Celebration Menu | Christmas Party Booking Form | Christmas Party Menu | Allergy Data Information - Core Menu | Allergy Data Statement